Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion matters at Intuitive Digital.
We’re a small digital marketing agency in Portland. We acknowledge both the historical and existing structural barriers to inclusion within the marketing profession and we acknowledge the part we have played to uphold those systems. We are committed to doing our part to end systemic racism, uplift black voices, and grow their presence, especially in our field.
We have doubled down on our commitment to interrupting systemic racism, homophobia, transphobia, and sexism.
But, we know that the lack of diversity on our staff and in our partner list doesn’t reflect this. We recognized that our intention doesn’t match our impact here, so in 2019 we hired a DEI consultant to help educate us and develop an inclusive culture that interrupts systems of white supremacy and racism.
Our Commitment to Action
Over the last year, in partnership with Construct the Present, we’ve overhauled our interviewing and hiring process to identify and interrupt our unconscious biases. We’ve set specific diversity hiring goals for the year and will continue to set these goals and work to exceed them every year.
In 2020 we are…
- Deepening our personal and professional work through training.
- Reading How To Be An Anti Racist by Ibram X. Kendi.
- Expanding our Accountability Committee to meet more often and include more voices.
- Launching a scholarship program geared toward helping increase diversity in the digital and tech fields. In this first year, we are offering $1k, and will be working to partner with other agencies and grow this in the future, in addition to launching a paid summer internship program for 2021.
- We volunteer as a team often and have shifted our time to focus on nonprofits that support Black, Indigenous, and other People Of Color in the Portland area.
- Reimagining our content creation for example the words we use, the photos we choose and the contractors we collaborate with.
Our Forever Steps…
We have a lot to learn and we are committed to improving both as individuals and as a company.
We will learn, listen, and act.
Intuitive is fully committed to doing this work today, and every day.
For more information on how we are walking our talk or if you are interested in partnering, contact email@example.com
We acknowledge the land on which we sit and which we occupy at our office in SE Portland. “The Portland Metro area rests on traditional village sites of the Multnomah, Wasco, Cowlitz, Kathlamet, Clackamas, Bands of Chinook, Tualatin, Kalapuya, Molalla, and many other tribes who made their homes along the Columbia River creating communities and summer encampments to harvest and use the plentiful natural resources of the area.” (Portland Indian Leaders Roundtable, 2018)