We’re all guilty of it. When you want the best comfort food within 5 miles, for instance, you ask Google. Google is the go-to place for answers for all of our needs. I mean, that’s how I found my yummy bowl of food from Guero’s last night. Look at this yummy bowl of deliciousness!
As more and more people turn to Google as the source for all information, us marketers can use this data to directly market products and services to the people who actually want them. No more huge billboards that you drive by and forget about. No more annoying radio ads. We now get targeted advertisements for what we desire.
The explosion of digital marketing is why it is increasingly important to look at hiring a Paid Search Agency or specialist. A Paid Search (PPC) agency will help you to find customers where they already are – searching for products like yours via search engines like Google or Bing and via Facebook Analytics.
What to look for in a PPC specialist:
- Must love numbers. Your PPC specialist definitely should be a data-driven math nerd and love playing around with numbers to see correlations and causations. This job is not about guessing. To be successful, you must look at the data behind certain keywords, how the competitors are ranking, what the cost per click is for each ad, what your margins are, etc. They must be in tune with the pulse of why things are happening.
- Organized. Campaigns will not be successful if they are in disorganized chaos. You need a specialist who is highly organized and meticulous to ensure successful campaign build out, optimization, reporting, time management and much more.
- Risk taker. The goal is to get potential customers to click on your ads to convert into customers. You have to stand out from the competition and that means taking risks. You need a specialist who thinks outside the box and isn’t afraid to dredge their own path amidst the competition. This is how your business will shine.
- Learns from failure. Sometimes ads don’t generate the response that we want. That’s okay as long as your PPC specialist is proactive, quick at reacting and responds promptly. You want a person on the team who quickly asks why and is ready to provide solutions instead of just naming the issues.
- Excellent communicator. At the end of the day, your PPC specialist should be able to communicate what they are accomplishing and how it is assisting your business in growing and generating more revenue. Your ideal PPC specialist should have a strong business acumen, consistently outlining how PPC is positively contributing to the goals of the business and bringing you in strong leads.
In the holiday spirit, what’s a better gift to give yourself than a booming business?
Intuitive Digital’s services may be just the gift that you need to lead you into a jolly year. Intuitive Digital provides full-service digital marketing to enterprise level and small business clients, including, web design, SEO, PPC, social, and email marketing. We take fantastic care of our partners and employees demonstrated by our 100% positive reviews on Glassdoor, Yelp, Facebook, and Google.